
Artist: Arghoslent
Album: Hornets of the Pogrom
Genre: Death Metal
Year: 2008
Label: Drakkar Productions
Tracklisting:
Rating: 9.7/10/0 - "All that is injurious to our existence must be annihilated"
Despite having been in the death metal scene for nigh two decades now, I only happened to hear of the Virginian group known as Arghoslent quite recently. Referring to themselves as "totalitarian death metal" and sporting such inventive names as "Holocausto" and "The Genocider", combined with the fact that they hail from one of the more hick-infested parts of America, I expected this band to be comprised of retards born of incest and drunk off their asses on moonshine.
I was so fucking wrong.
I won't lie to you; these men are white nationalists. They are proud to be Caucasian and their songs are entirely comprised of re-tellings of the history and legacy of the white race. If signs of disgust are already materializing on your face, know this: these men are not uneducated rubes from the backwaters - on the contrary, this is some of the most addictive, intelligent, and dare I say, convincing metal I've heard in my life.
As mentioned above, this album is a tribute to the long and fruitful history of the Caucasian race, and these men pull it off so well you'd damned well think they were historians. More importantly though, in an almost Romanticist fashion, this album focuses on war, and those men who fought and died for their country and people:
"Cowardice absent from the soul of the trooper
Outnumbered to storm breaches in the siege
Fearsome and mounted grenadiers stand alone"
But lyrics like these are commonplace in metal, and frankly that's not makes the sheer greatness of this masterpiece. It's the fucking RIFFS. 'Cause lemme tell you, you will not find riffs like this anywhere else. Melodic yet potent, flowing yet powerful; these riffs are absolutely fucking killer. They almost sound like they belong in a Gothenburg release, but they are several levels of magnitude superior to any of that pussy trash. The duel guitar attack weave in between each other seamlessly, never losing prominence, never losing focus, and fucking EPIC. Honestly, I could go on praising the immense guitar musicianship for hours, but you'd best hear it to believe it. The bass, drums, and vocals do a fantastic job as well (and are also mixed very well and fully audible, props to the producer there), but are frankly overshadowed by those killer chops. You will be humming these riffs for so long, you'll need to get your fucking larynx replaced.
In conclusion, this is a must have. An intelligently and exhaustively researched journey into the annals of history, of times where the timeless values of glory, honor, and strength overshadowed our bullshit modern values of "morality" and "equality". This album will leave your neck ravaged by the headbanging it brings along, but most importantly it will leave you pondering times of a day and age long gone, and regardless of your ethnicity, you WILL be charged with an intense pride of your people and culture, because as Arghoslent so lucidly displays, ALL cultures are being eroded by the plague of globalization and an incompatible assimilation of traditions. But before I plunge into another one of my rants, I leave you with these three words:
BUY
THIS
ALBUM!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment