Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Best of '08

Well folks, the year's nearly over, and we've seen quite a few metal releases with it. Most was stale, unoriginal drivel but there were a few gems that stood out and delivered wonderfully. So for my first post, I'm listing out the top 10 metal releases of 2008. Remember I have not heard all the albums released this year, so apologies in advance if I'm missing something that should be here. If there's something *you* think should be in this list, but really shouldn't be (read: Apocalyptic Feasting, Watershed), kindly fuck off.

In no particular order:

Cosmic Atrophy - Codex Incubo
Arghoslent - Hornets of the Pogrom
Origin - Antithesis
Asva - What You Don't Know is Frontier
Enslaved - Vertebrae
Virus - The Black Flux
Averse Sefira - Advent Parallax
Misery Index - Traitors
Ehnahre - The Man Closing Up
Artefact - Ruins

I will be writing individual reviews for each of these albums shortly. I doubt there will be a release in December that will end up topping any one of these, but if so, I'll make an adjustment to the list.

No comments: